I can't believe 2011 is already coming to a close. To say it's been an eventful year is a bit of an understatement, I think. So here are some things I am grateful for as 2011 winds down:
- Sam is still with me and doing great.
- Ginny too is doing well - not acting her age at all.
- Moira continues to get better and better at agility - a sport we BOTH enjoy.
- Bogey & Georgia are happy, healthy little dogs that bring a lot of love and laughter to my life.
- I'm no longer in a job that makes me miserable. No one should cry on the way to and from work every day.
- My prospects for finding a new job in 2012 are looking up and, even if that doesn't pan out, I have a fall back plan.
- I have an understanding house-mate who has been wonderful and supportive this year. We had so much fun being unemployed together!
- My family has been very supportive as well. No recriminations from that corner.
- I have terrific friends, some of whom I've never met, who read this blog and comment. Thank you for all your wonderful comments.
- I have terrific friends who don't read my blog but have still been wonderfully supportive this year.
I know listing these things seems a little clichéd but I have to tell you all that one of the things I learned this year is to acknowledge the things that are important to you. It's much too easy to dwell on the negative things that are in your life. If you take a moment to see the positive you will have more energy to put toward creating more positivity.
Happy New Year!
2 days ago