Saturday, December 12, 2009

Strange Dog


This morning I got further proof, as if I needed it, that the sign on Moira's car crate is accurate.

I've always let the dogs taste different people foods and drinks.  They never get much, just a taste.  This morning Ann had a grapefruit with her breakfast.  I don't like grapefruit - never have.  To me, it's too sour.  I thought Sam might like it though - he has a marked preference for sour; he LOVES all things lemon.  So, I offered Sam what was left of Ann's half a grapefruit.  He thought it was ok.  Ginny looked at me like I was nuts but Ra. Oh Miss Ra, after a couple of licks, she tried to snatch the half from my hands and run off with it. 
Someday I'm going to make Ra a fruit salad with her favorites - grapefruit and banana.  Odd little red dog.

1 comment:

  1. My dogs love grapefruit, oranges, bananas apples. I think the appeal is that I eat them. Ergo, they are people food and we want people food!

    ReplyDelete