Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Redecorating!

To heck with spring cleaning!  I'm going to do some spring redecorating.  About two years ago, UHM and I painted the kitchen with Sherwin-Williams 'Sassy Green' which, depending on your monitor, is either a really cool color or looks like a sick avocado.  I can assure you, on the wall it is really cool.  At the time I wanted to do some kind of window treatment but just never got around to it - and UHM is all about light so she tends to avoid a lot of window treatments.

Lately, the harsh look of that window has been bothering me.  Today, I convinced UHM that a valance would look great on that window - that it would 'soften' the look a little without impeding her view or our ability to use the window as a point of egress.  Here's where there is Cardigan content - the window is large enough and low enough (and it slides) that we use it as a means of entering and exiting the house when we don't want dogs to crowd the doors trying to get in or out.  Sad, I know.

Anyway, we were out and about today and, since I was driving, I drove us to a fabric store!  The store is actually a quilting fabric store but since they have so many gorgeous fabrics I knew we would find the right one - and we did!  It's Michael Miller's 'Anjou Pour Vous' and is part of his French Journal collection.  We got a contrasting fabric to do a border as well - a bright tangerine - that will really pop against the Sassy Green.

I'm not a particularly skilled seamstress but I feel pretty confident that I can sew straight seams and hems then use curtain clips to hang this.  Maybe I will even be able to get it done before next weekend!  Pictures when it's completed!

Tomorrow we are going to Richmond to visit with Nick of Nick the Cardi - International Man of Mystery.  Bogey wants to see his great nephew again (he met him briefly in Chattanooga).  There should be some good photo and video ops.

2 comments:

  1. Give Big Nick a squeeze for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of people who can sew anything. Can't wait to see pix. BTW, my kitchen is a SW/Duron Historic Charleston green called Acanthus (grass). From the outside in bright light, it kinda looks like nuclear waste - but I still love it.
    Have fun with Nick and crew - we'll all need to get together once he's older and has had all his shots.

    ReplyDelete