Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 2 & Various and Sundry Other Things

Not a lot of changes worth documenting today.  They brought in another load of topsoil to further build up the areas already covered.  They also started working on the fenced area - leveled it, put down landscaping fabric and rock.  It wasn't worth it to take a picture because they've got the 4x4s for the fence post and some other things sitting in that area right now.  Oh!  Hedgie has been found!

It was overcast and cool here today - mid 70s - so I wore jeans to work. I have to say, I really enjoyed that.  I like summer but, about this time every year I start longing for "new school clothes."  It was nice to wear something different today.

Last Friday I bought a bushel of peaches.  They needed to ripen just a bit before they could be processed so I didn't start doing anything with them until last night.  I finished up with them this evening and have 15 qts of peaches in the freezer.  I'm trying to decide if I want to buy another bushel, or maybe half-bushel, this weekend. There aren't too many things nicer than being able to have "fresh" peaches in the dead of winter.

Moira was a bad dog this evening.  UHM left the bone from a pork chop within Ra's reach.  I was busy with the peaches so the first I knew something was amiss was the sound of crunching.  UHM tried to retrieve the bone from Moira but it was too late.  So, we are on tummy watch for the next couple days.  Usually my dogs have cast iron tummies but cooked bones can cause problems.  Stealing food like this is a recent development for the Pu Head.  She's getting quite brazen these days.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings in the yard.

2 comments:

  1. Wish you weren't so far away -- my little peach tree is groaning, and I've been picking bags and bags, and my baddogs have been eating all that fall or that they can reach -- and there are still more peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was closer too. Would the local food bank be willing to take your overflow?

    ReplyDelete