Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Not a Professional Groomer

and I don't play one on TV.  I've mentioned before that Mr. B has copious amounts of coat.  Today, as temps soared into the upper 70s, I decided it was time to remedy that.  I've been planning this for a week.  I bought a Mars Coat King and everything.  What, you ask, is a Mars Coat King.  It is a grooming tool that essentially strips out excess undercoat, without damaging the top coat.  The one I bought has 23 blades to do this.  It is not for the faint of heart or unsteady of hand.

So we popped Mr. B up on the table - a place he does not enjoy being - and I set to work.  Below are Before and After photos.  It's hard to see a big difference in those photos but, believe me, I stripped 2-3 puppies-worth of hair out of the boy.  I went a little overboard at the top of his tail and he is now lacking undercoat there but, overall, I was really pleased with how he turned out.

Now that I have this little grooming adventure under my belt, I am planning something special and WILD for the National.  Nope, not going to tell you what it is.  You'll just have to wait for the photos.

Mr. B - Before, a hairy mess.
















Mr. B - After, somewhat less hair.  He got a bath after his haircut.

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome fellow! We have red dogs too but ours are vizslas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much less hair to contend with there. I've always liked Vizlas although I'm not certain MY temperament is correct for the breed :)

    ReplyDelete