Saturday, May 15, 2010

You Say it's Your Birthday....



May is a heavy birthday month for me.  Without thinking hard, I can count 8 birthdays this month - including mine.  The one that makes me smile the most though occurs on the last day of the month.  May 31st will be Sam's 12th birthday.  The old man has slowed down a lot in the last couple of years but he still has a zest for life that makes me think he'll be around for at least another 12 years (God help me!).

For Sam's birthday this year, I want to put together a digital photo album of his offspring - or as many of them as I can find.  I've already contacted several people who have Sam sons and daughters but now I'm going to reach out to the blog community for photos of grand kids, great grand kids, great great grandkids, etc.  If you have a Cardi with Sam (Ch Yardican Roland) in the first 5 generations, would you be so kind as to email me a recent photo, preferably a head shot, along with the dog's registered name, call name and relation to Sam?  If you have group shots where all the dogs are related to Sam, that's fine too just be sure to include all that information.  Oh, and if the photo was taken by a professional, an attribution, so I can include that.  You can send the email to dina.delsman@gmail.com.

When I've compiled and labeled all the photos, I'll post them on FB and also on Flikr so you all can look through the pics.

Thanks - in advance - for your help.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you and Sam. May 31st is also the birthday for Sam's Great-Great-Grandpups Magnet & Emma!

    Hmmm... Frank has some group shots of the Sam decendants taken at the National. As soon as my friend can scan my National photos for me, I will share the new photos of Grandson & Great-Grandson Luther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early Bday Sam!!! 12 is a big number and sounds like you'll get some wonderful treats!!
    I'll try to send pics soon of all the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you and the cardi who started it all for me :-) I know Monty is a Sam relation some how (of course I can't remember if it's great or great great grandson but I know Mr Sam is back there) so will have to get you a photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Grandpa from all 4 of my Sam kids. We would be happy to send you some photos.

    ReplyDelete