Sunday, October 18, 2009

No Dog Events this Weekend

Yes folks, it's true - there have been no dog-related events this weekend. Saturday we had the carpets and furniture professionally steam cleaned. That basically ate up the entire day.

Today, I spent the day canning apple pie filling. I've done a lot of that sort of thing this year. In August, Ann and I picked nearly 80 lbs of peaches (I know - 80?1?1?). I scalded, peeled, sliced, bagged and froze those. In September, the woman who works for me gave me a grocery bag full of green beans from her garden. I blanched and froze those too. In October, I bought 4 pie pumpkins, baked them down, pureed the flesh and froze that (mmm, pumpkin pie or pumpkin for puppies w/upset tummies). This weekend it was 20 lbs of apples made into pie filling and canned. I borrowed a peeler/corer from one of the women at work. I have GOT to get me one of those do-hickeys! It peeled, cored and sliced all those apples in no time. I expect there will be more food made in bulk and frozen in the next month or two. I have a great recipe for chicken and white bean chili that freezes well. Also, chicken pot pies w/artichoke hearts - delicious recipe and another that freezes well.

Ann downloaded the pictures from the show last weekend but she wasn't happy with any of them. Taryn over at A Tail of Two Cardis got a great shot of Moira and Scout together but I am saving it for the girls' b-day post. The proofs aren't up yet from the professional photog.

So it's a quiet Sunday. There's a fire in the fireplace and I think I'll plant myself in front of that for a while.

PS - For those who are be concerned, Sam recovered from his tumble off the table just fine. He's a tough old guy.

d

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Sam had no lasting affects from his tumble. You just never know with corgi backs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake pic with Scout's tongue curled? I was saving it too!!!

    Good to hear Grandpa Sam bounced (no pun intended) back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's the one. We can have "twin" blogs on Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete