Monday, November 5, 2012

Operation Pig Drop

This weekend the girls and I made the 9 hour drive up to Virginia to visit with friends and run in the MadCo fall USDAA agility trial.  Moira had a stellar Saturday and a not-so-stellar Sunday.  More on that later though....

Today, Monday, we headed back to TN but we had another passenger in the Dawg Yacht.  I called him William....


William is an American Guinea Hog bred by my friend Karen Lyons of Woodrose Cardigans.  Karen sold him to a lovely family down here in TN but he needed a ride to get to his new home.  Thus began Operation Pig Drop.

I picked William (Ok, that wasn't his name, he didn't have a name.  I just needed to call him something!) early this morning.  His mother, Ethel, was not in the least bit concerned that her baby boy was being stuffed in a crate in a car with a couple of dogs and driven hundreds of miles away from her.  William wasn't too concerned either.  There was a bit of grunting but then he settled down, burrowed into his nest of hay and slept the entire trip to TN.

I met his new family at a gas station just off of I40, we put him into their crate, and off he went to meet his new bride, Lucy.

I don't think I'll be adding 'pig hauler' to my resume but, you never know.....

4 comments:

  1. Is this guy one of the baby piglets I see on Karen's blog page? Such cute little piggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, this is one of those piglets. His 3 sisters are still at Karen's house. She said she had 2 of them sold but the third would be staying.

      Delete
  2. We hope you had a wonderful time in Virginia. William, we just love the sweet photo of you. Thanks for the share. Have a fantastic rest of your week.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete